Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Yet Another Knitting Blog!

Knitting blogs seem to come and go at an almost alarming rate.

It's understandable, in a way... time spent blogging is time that could be spent knitting!

Knitting appeals for many reasons.

  • My father, who has since passed on, taught me. With needles in my hands, I feel his influence in a very real way. 
  • Every project is unique. Even when working from a pattern, my version will be slightly different from any other. Every time I turn out something new, I realize a bit of my artistic potential.
  • To quote a popular knitting meme, "It's not a hobby; it's a post-apocalyptic life skill." Knitting is more than a pastime because I can produce useful items.
  •  Knitting expresses love in a tangible way. Wrapping a scarf or blanket around your shoulders makes you feel completely loved by the one who made it with you in mind.
  • Knitting is portable. Please note that by this I don't mean all knitting is always portable, but that it's possible to carry many types of projects with you to help pass otherwise wasted time. I frequently have a sock, hat, or scarf project with me to work on while waiting for a restaurant meal, in the doctor's waiting room, or during travel time while David is driving. I would not attempt this with larger or more complex projects.
  • There are always new yarns and new designs to try. If I get bored with one pattern, I can always find something new!
  • Hand-knit socks. Need I say more?

In this blog, I'll share knitting projects, patterns, yarn reviews, discussions of favorite designers, stitch patterns, techniques, tips, and more. I'll link to related sites I find interesting, entertaining, or otherwise worth visiting.

How about you? 
What drew you into knitting? 
How did you learn? 
Is there a specific topic you'd like to see here?

Please leave your comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment