Saturday, February 18, 2017

Back from Texas with a bag full of goodies!


I mentioned in my last post that I'd be stopping by my favorite yarn shop while traveling, Happy Ewe Fibers.

Happy Ewe Fibers
https://www.happyewefibers.com/
Happy Ewe is found at 18360 FM 1431 Suite B, Jonestown, TX - just north of Austin. If you're ever in the area, please stop by and mention where you heard about them! (By the way, I receive NO remuneration for mentioning them here, or for endorsing them wholeheartedly. That's all from me.)

I've recently decided to primarily work from my stash for awhile. Since I used to teach knitting at one of the chain craft stores, I have a huge stash of yarn (mostly acrylic) used to demonstrate techniques or to knit up class project examples. I'm determined to work this yarn up into donate-able scarves, hats, blankets, etc. for the homeless in our area - and I'm making progress. The cheap-yarn-stash is shrinking, though it has a way to go yet. 

I do, however, allow myself to splurge a bit when we travel. David and I tend to be a bit frugal in our spending habits day-to-day, but we both enjoy exploring flea markets, farm and hardware stores (especially locally-owned ones), and yarn shops while on the road. 

Happy Ewe Fibers, as I've said before, is my favorite. Misty and Jenny (and probably Meagan, though I haven't met her yet) are so friendly and helpful, the shop is inviting, and the yarns are decadently gorgeous! On each of my visits, a group of women were "sittin' & knittin'" in the comfy couches found at one end of the main room. A knitting class was in progress in another area of the shop, beautiful hand-knit projects were on display everywhere... and the yarn! I could have wallowed in it for ages!



In addition to yarns, knitting and crocheting notions, and patterns, they have a large section of the shop devoted to hand spinning. I know very little about this skill, but was impressed with the variety of rovings, carders, and wheels available.

So... now to the good stuff! Here's what followed me home:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Beth, for coming in to see us!!! Hope to see ewe again next time you're down this way!!
    -Misty

    ReplyDelete